1.1 Procedure for Updating this Manual
This chapter was updated in November 2016. The dates for the next update were added.
Welcome to the electronic Procedures Manual for the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Children Boards.
The electronic format has been designed to make the procedures easy to access and allows you to skip readily between linked sections via hyperlinks.
Please do not make copies of the Manual or parts thereof as these are likely to become out of date.
The Chapter Quick Guide explains how the Manual has been constructed and the key features which have been included to assist you in navigating the chapters.
The Manual is permanently available via this link and via the websites for each LSCB:
- Bolton Safeguarding Children Board;
- Bury Safeguarding Children Board;
- Manchester Safeguarding Children Board;
- Oldham Local Safeguarding Board;
- Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Board;
- Salford Safeguarding Children Board;
- Stockport Safeguarding Children Board;
- Tameside Safeguarding Children Board;
- Trafford Safeguarding Children Board;
- Wigan Safeguarding Children Board.
The manual is updated on a regular basis.
The next update of the manual will go live online in June 2017. Following an update, the table of amendments in the Quick Guide includes a comprehensive list of the updated and new chapters for each edition of the manual and the nature of the amendments.
Where the manual has been updated, if a Chapter has been significantly amended or is new, it will be indicated in the Contents List and at the top of the relevant Chapter.
If you ‘Register for Updates’ by clicking on the blue button on the left hand tab, you will be notified by email whenever any updates are made to the manual. You will also receive our regular Policy Briefings, which provide updates on matters of topical interest - see Policy Briefings and Practice Guides (tri.x).
If you have any suggestions for additions/amendments to the procedures, contact the relevant member of the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Group for your area/organisation:
- Bolton SCB – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Bury SCB – email@example.com;
- Manchester SCB – Jane Maguire – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Oldham SCB – email@example.com;
- Rochdale SCB – Alyson.firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Salford SCB – email@example.com;
- Stockport SCB – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Tameside SCB – email@example.com;
- Trafford SCB – Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org (Chair of group);
- Wigan SCB – Rick Bolton – email@example.com;
- GMP / Police – DI Amanda Whittaker Murray – Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Health – Designated Nurse – Julie Adesanya – email@example.com;
- Health – Designated Nurse – Maxine Lomax – Maxine.firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Health – Designated Doctor – Dr Diana Jellinek – email@example.com;
- Mental Health – Amanda Smith (Pennine Acute) – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- 3rd Sector – Alison Jones (Salford CVS) – Alison.email@example.com.